06 December 2014

Love

If you love someone, even though you are somewhere else, in your mind you are still with that person. The intensity of love should be like that between Majnun and Layla. They were like Romeo and Juliet. One day, a dog came from Layla's street. Majnun bent down and kissed its paw. People started laughing and saying, "This fellow's a fool!" Majnun replied, "You people are the fools, it seems to me. This dog is coming from Layla's street, and I love Layla so much that I worship even a dog coming from her street." A priest was there and he said, "Majnun, your love is very great, but unfortunately it is only for Layla, not God." Then Majnun replied, "I don't want to love God because I have given all my love to Layla. I have no love left for God. But if God wants my love then He will have to come in the form of Layla. Then he can have my love."


The idea is that the intensity of his love was so great that without Layla he could not live; he would only worship God in the form of Layla. Mirabai also achieved that intensity of love. She was so much in love with Lord Krishna. The gopis of Vrindavan were also very much in love with Krishna. Because when there is love, what happens? When there is love, unfulfilled love, then automatically the Divine Power has to manifest in order to satisfy that love.
www.manavdharam.org