11 February 2010

Satsang

To know the primordial Name of God, we have to go to the Spiritual Master. Our saints have always taught this. When the Mahabharata War was about to begin in Kurukshetra, Lord Krishna told both the Kauravas and Pandavas, “I will give first choice to him, whom I see first tomorrow morning. On one side will be my army and I myself will be on the other side, but I will not use weapons.” During the night Duryodhan came and sat near Lord Krishna's head. He was egoistic, so he sat near the head of Lord Krishna. Early in the morning Arjuna arrived. He had reverence and devotion, so he sat near the feet of Lord Krishna. When Lord Krishna woke up, he saw Arjuna sitting there. He asked, “Arjuna, when did you come?” Duryodhan interrupted and exclaimed, “You are playing favourites! I have been sitting here all night, but you did not see me and you are asking Arjuna.” Lord Krishna replied, “Brother, it is not my fault. If you are sitting near my head how would you be visible to me? Anyway, you can choose first.” Duryodhan thought that Krishna without any weapons would be of no use and hence he asked for his army. Lord Krishna then told Arjuna to ask for a boon. Arjuna said, “Lord, I need only you.” Then Lord Krishna agreed to become Arjuna's charioteer. Lord Krishna guided and directed Arjuna. The job of the Spiritual Master is to guide and direct, according to which the disciple is to act.
www.manavdharam.org