11 January 2010

Satsang


Swami Dayananda's neighbour used to insult him all the time, but Swamiji never retaliated. One day a disciple came to visit him, bringing a basket of delicious fruit. Swamiji told him to go and give it to the neighbour. The disciple replied, “But, Swamiji, he always insults you. Why should you give him anything?”
Swami Dayananda replied, “No, go and give your basket of fruit to him.” So the disciple went to the neighbour and said, “My Swamiji has sent you this fruit.”
The neighbour replied, “I insult him every day. I am so nasty to him. Why would he want to give me this fruit?”
Afterwards, Swami Dayananda himself went to that neighbour and said, “I sent you some fruit. If you eat it you will be filled with energy so that you can oppose me even more vigorously!” The neighbour was filled with remorse. He begged forgiveness and in fact became a disciple.
www.manavdharam.org