05 June 2014

Dharamdas

Suppose you want to purchase an acre of sky. Can a real estate agent sell it to you? No, because the sky is not for sale. It has no boundaries. However, if you purchase an acre of land, the air above it is automatically yours, too. The Master is like that acre of land. When you find him, the infinite Knowledge, like the sky, becomes yours. The Master is the medium which makes the Unmanifest manifest. He turns an ordinary person into a spiritual being. He makes us realize what we really are and helps us let go of what we are not. There was a saint named Dharamdas who said, "I bow to the holy feet of my Guru, who revealed God's Name to me. Its sound awakened my mind which had been slumbering in ignorance for lives together. Darkness prevailed and nothing was visible until my Guru lit the lamp of Knowledge in me. His Nectar stilled all desires, which used to arise like poisonous waves in my heart. Deep and unfathomable is the river of life. Master, please sail my boat across it."
www.manavdharam.org