23 December 2009

Satsang


One day a dove landed in the lap of King Shivi and prayed, “O king, please protect me. I have small offspring. If this eagle which is following me eats me, then my babies will be orphaned and this sin will be upon you, because anyone asking for shelter must be protected.” So the king told the eagle, “I will protect the dove because it has come to me for shelter and I will not give it to you. However in return, I will give you anything else you may ask of me.”
The eagle replied, “O King, give me some flesh from your right thigh equal in weight to the dove. I will feed this to my children and will not kill the dove.” The king was happy that his body would be used for the benefit of the dove. Only those who work for the sake of others are great. There are so many human beings and the majority of them are like beasts. St. Kabir said, “ Nam japat kushti bhala, chui chui pare jo cham. Kanchan deh kis kam ki, ja mukh nahin nam. 
www.manavdharam.org